Thrive With These Winter Conservation Tips
Nothing reminds you what season it is more like a bone-chilling January gust. Yes, the real winter is back, but near-arctic weather doesn’t have to put a chill on your budget! F.C. Haab’s winter conservation strategies will help you do more than survive the winter – you’ll thrive. These handy pointers cost little to no money to implement, and can save you dividends on your annual energy usage.
- Use a bottom seal on your doors to stop uncomfortable and costly outside drafts.
- Open shades and drapes on windows as they get direct sun, then close them to retain warmth when the sun's position has changed.
- Examine your home’s ductwork and seal leaks with duct tape or insulation. Your home could be losing up to 25% of its hot air before it even reaches the vents.
- Examine weather stripping and caulking – repair the sections that need attention.
- Install a water heater blanket – they’re inexpensive and increase your system’s efficiency.
- Wrap your pipes to guard against heat loss and freezing.
- Replace any cracked glass in your windows.
- Make sure your ceiling has at least six inches of good thermal insulation.
- SAFETY TIP: Avoid using space heaters – they’re expensive to operate and can be a fire hazard.
Put a stop to winter energy waste with these tips, and watch as your heating bills decrease by a sizable amount. Contact F.C. Haabtoday for all of your HVAC needs, including equipment evaluations, maintenance service and fuel delivery.