Time to Replace Your Heating System? What to Look For!
As we’re well into the heating season, you might be wondering if it’s too late to replace your heating system. Let us assure you that it’s never too late to upgrade your heating system in order to help you and your household stay warm and cozy. It’s not a decision to take lightly, either - so we’re happy to help you determine whether or not it is the right move to make.
Here are a few signs that your heating system might be due for an upgrade:
- You’ve had it for more than 15 years: When your furnace or boiler nears the end of its operational life, it’s becoming less efficient and more costly to maintain.
- Higher energy bills: Are your energy bills suddenly higher than usual despite you using the same amount of energy? This could point to an issue with your furnace.
- Costly repairs: If repairs are expensive, it might make more sense to upgrade. While a replacement furnace might cost more at the outset, the long term savings of a more efficient system may be worth it.
- Uneven temperatures: If you’re dealing with hot and cold spots throughout your house, that’s a telltale sign your furnace isn’t efficiently delivering hot air.
- Exterior damage: If there are signs of obvious disintegration on the outside of your furnace, it’s important to get it taken care of before it becomes a serious hazard.
- Noisy: Rattling, humming, popping or screeching noises are not just annoying, they’re also signs of potential failure or issue in need of repair.
Keep an eye (and ear) open for these indications that your heating system might be in need of an upgrade, and if you experience any of these problems give us a call to discuss your options!